How to ApplyRequirement

TOP > How to Apply > Requirement

Host Schools

The schools listed below offer English- based degree programs and Fellows from American partner universities will choose the school which offer courses that suits their majors and interests.



  • At the time of application, students must be enrolled as undergraduate students at universities with agreements with Waseda University.
  • Students must be continuously enrolled as undergraduate students until the end of the study period at Waseda University.
  • As a general rule, students must be enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s degree program or the equivalent.
  • Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their universities.
  • Students having strong motivation as well as a clear study plan in any field available at Waseda University and who are likely to benefit from study in Japan.
  • Students must have completed most of their secondary education (6 years) in a non-Japanese educational system.
  • Minimum GPA of 3.00 out of a 4.0 scale.
  • Students must submit a transcript issued by their home institution for admission.
  • Students must have a good health condition.


  • *If an applicant has transferred from another institution in the past, we may ask you to submit a transcript from former institution.
  • *Students who may require additional support due to health conditions, please contact the CIE in advance so that we can make the necessary preparations to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable stay in Japan.
    Such health conditions will have no impact on the application screening process.

Application Requirements

Undergraduate Schools Requirements
School of Fundamental Science and Engineering

School of Creative Science and Engineering

School of Advanced Science and Engineering
Major field at Waseda must be the same as at students' home university

At the time of entrance, a student must be a 3rd year (Junior) student or higher at his/her home university.

Graduation thesis, any courses related to graduation work, laboratory and experiments courses are not available.
School of Political Science and Economics

School of Commerce

School of Social Sciences

School of International Liberal Studies
There is no specific requirement.